The White House Internship Program (WHIP) is now accepting applications. The WHIP selection process is highly competitive. Expert Resume Solutions is offering an EXCLUSIVE application and resume development package for this unique career opportunity. Those who want to apply to be part of the WHIP Fall 2017 Class, which will run from September 6 – December 8, can find more information and complete the application at this link: https://www.whitehouse.gov/participate/internships/apply.
White House Interns work full-time and will be primarily placed in one of the following offices:
- The Office of Cabinet Affairs
- The Office of White House Communications
- The White House Press Office
- Domestic Policy Council
- National Economic Council
- The Office of Digital Strategy
- The Office of Legislative Affairs
- The Office of Management and Administration
- The Office of Political Affairs
- The Office of Presidential Correspondence
- The Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- The Office of Public Liaison
- The Office of the Staff Secretary
- The Office of the First Lady
- The Office of the Vice President
- The Office of White House Counsel
- The Office of Presidential Personnel
- The Office of Presidential Advance
- The Office of Presidential Scheduling
The application deadline is 11:59 pm ET on Friday, June 16, 2017. Interns must be at least 18 years old as of the internship start date, and must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution).
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty – for any length of time – in the two years preceding the internship start date.
Once the application period has closed, the WHIP team will begin reviewing and vetting applications. Each office will receive a shortlist of potential applicants in early July, and will choose their interns from that group. The number of interns each office receives will be determined shortly, based off assessed needs in each department.
The White House Internship Program (WHIP) Application Package
– New Government Resume (hybrid format)
– 30-60m of Career Coaching
– Proofread and edit the applicants nine (9) short answer responses
– Assistance with developing a 400 word essay, which requires the applicant to develop a professional policy memorandum for a senior staffer. The applicant must give a recommendation for a change to a specific policy that is already in place, to include an explanation of why the proposed change would be beneficial to the American people.
– All final documents are unlocked and delivered in MS Word (.doc/.docx) and PDF
It is important to note that we will have the ability to reach out to the WHIP Director during the application process. This package will make an excellent graduation gift for any recent graduate in pursuit of their first career.